4/12/2023

hät 1/72 El Cid Spanish Command

There are two miniatures in this set, the commander on horse and on foot and another one that can be used either as musician or a standard bearer, also on horse and on foot.

I wanted this set because I could use the same character mounted and dismountedt for my skirmish adventurers. Actually, I used the standard bearer on foot as another version of the commander but dressed for any social event and not for war. 

Picture a bit out of focus :(


Here I replaced the standard for a Gripping Beast 28mm Late Roman infantry spear.


As I said, I'm using these two as the same character, being the one on the right "chilling out".



4 comments:

  1. Very nice and well painted miniatures, as usual - I especially like your hero's blue cape: what colour did you use?. The idea of ​​choosing three miniatures for three different aspects of the same character is original. However, we have not sincerely understood one detail: what is the use of the "undercover" version for your game compared to the one on foot with armour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Rodor. the blue is from Xpress Omega Blue with Army Paint Blue tone ink and lights with Vallejo Andrea Blue. The guy without armor is to be used at court, market, taverns, etc. when he is not fighting but talking.

      Delete
  2. Great work Javier! Makes a skirmisher game much more fun when the figures can mount/dismount. I hope you have some "empty" horses for when he gets off. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forgot about that! I'm afraid that horses will magically disappear when they dismount ;)

      Delete