11/12/2022

A great present!

This post is to give a huge thank to Jeff aka Jack Hooligan from Lead Adventure forum for his incredible generosity, and also to share it with you, people in the hobby. Jeff sent from USA to Spain all you can see below just because. I must say that when he told me he was going to send me a few figures I wasn't expecting such big and fantastic lot!

All these models together with magnets, bases, painting and shipping are worth quite money, but what I most appreciate is the gesture of generosity from one wargamer to another. I don't think these kinds of acts can be seen in other hobbies; and this is not the first one I receive or send, but never to big. So one more time my friend, thank you very much for eveything and let me tell that I will treasure and use them with the same love as if I'd have painted them. 

I just hope this doesn't mean you're leaving the hobby.

So this is all he sent me:

A box of "Skaven" from Caesar miniatures that I had in mind to buy for a future project. Abot 40 miniatures.

 

Also from Caesar, Elves, OOP adventurers and Dwarves. I'm specially happy with the non-Gandalf miniature so difficult to get.

 

A full undead army that I'll be using next Summer for the LOTR campaign I'm planning.

 

Four nicely painted Cyclops from Dark Alliance that I was thinking about purchasing, and I'll be using in my next game.

 

A greatly painted metal 25mm. old Skaven miniature from GW to be used as Rat Ogre.

 

Elhiem metal 20mm. characters that I wanted but never ordered due to the excessive P&P they have. Now I have them all.

 

From the same lot, these two already painted up to good level plust on primed in grey, though I may rebase them in 2 cent coins. Now I have more casters that I possibly ever use, and a lot of characters for any RPG adventure!




6 comments:

  1. Very generous indeed!
    The painted ones are done extremely well, and I am sure you will paint remaining ones up to your usual fantastic standard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I won't touch the giants and the rat ogre but I'll give some finishing touches to the two painted metal characters and then I'll paint the rest.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a great present! I'm sure you'll make good use of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, will do, though not now as I have a painting queue already. there are some figures I need to paint for a campaign for Xmas holidays.

      Delete
  3. What an awesome gift, I too have had care packages in the past that I fondly remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's one of things that make this hobby so good!

      Delete