7/23/2022

SYW 10mm British for Maurice

First of all I have to say that I have never been interested in black powder periods. The reason why I have started this is because it is the only way to play versus an opponent. Adding to this it is the fact that it is a small project as we are using 10mm miniatures and putting only two soldiers on each base, so they are a small number of figures to paint and cheap too, as everything didn't cost me more than 40€, bases included.

So my opponent has passed me the ruleset Maurice to play with him, and after giving it a quick read I decided that I like the rules. My opponent and friend designed for me and army consisting in eight infantry units plus one extra if I am the attacker, three units of cavalry which I am painting at the moment, one unit of artillery consisting in three cannons with crew, and finally a general and one character.

Below you can see all the infantry (nine units in total) I am going to need already painted, based, flocked and varnished, so I hope to have our first game on August, and I will publish the report in my blog.


I made the flags with a bit of paper that I glued with white glue and then painted.

 

I thought that so few miniatures were going to look ridiculous but I am quite happy how they have turned out now that I can see them in formation on the table.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice and in my favourite scale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ben. Much as I love that scale too, this is gonna be my last attempt at it as I can't see well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all ridiculous; indeed, your units deployed so far make a very good impression!
    The 10mm scale is not our favorite (we opt for 28mm), but we have a lot of admiration for those who manage to have results equal to yours on such small miniatures.
    From the photos it seems to us that the flags are sufficiently rigid so that you also gave them a bit of fluttering; did you use thick paper or is it the paint that gave it rigidity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the flags I cut with scissors a bit of paper from a standard A4 sheet of white paper we normally use to write or print at home. Any paper gets hard as a rock when applied a coat of white glue with diluted water; I think it is called paper mache. And you can give it any form while is still fresh. Glad you like them, cheers!

      Delete