4/24/2020

Painting from the quarantine 4

Time ago I bought on Ebay some 54 mm. soft plastic toy soldiers from Technolog to use them as The Fallen from the Varangur army for Kings of War, but I never painted them. But now with the new sexy thing called Oathmark, I decided to paint them to use them as Ogres Linebreakers for my human army.


Will they break enemy lines? I bet they will!

I painted six thinking of such unit but then I realised maximum per unit is three of them, so I will have two units of Ogres after all.

Below you can compare size with one Chaos Warrior from Games Workshop.

8 comments:

  1. Wow... they really look like brutal unstoppable undead killing machines. If you fielded them against me in a game, I'd give up instantly! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, thanks Skully, that's the idea ;-)

      Delete
  2. I really like them! They actually fit really well with that GW chaos warrior in terms of size and style. I really like the 'tarnished' look you've given the armour. Can I ask how you achieved that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alan. I primed white and them basecoated with Vallejo Bronze 70998, then dipped with acrylic Betumen of Judea and lastly bronze again. After that a few dabs of Vallejo Patina verdin/verdigris glaze 832 and done.
      Cheers

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I shall have to see what similar paints I have and give that a go.

      Delete
    3. I think any bronze or gold would work equally, but I'm not sure about the patina,
      Cheers,

      Delete
  3. Look awesome! I like how you did the metals.

    ReplyDelete