4/18/2019

First game of Thud and Blunder

I pre-ordered the rulebook but I haven't been able to play a game until now. My son was bored at home so I proposed him a game with two bands I have already designed from the book,  using the figures I have available, Orcs vs. Barbarians. 

We played scenario 2, breakthrough, in which one warband, the barbarians leaded by my son, had to cross the lines with a secret and important message, while my Orcs had to stop them. I included one magic user in my warband as I wanted to try the magic rules. I picked up the spells, heal, shatter, spectral dart and teleport.



I deployed in a spread line to cover the whole border but the Barbarians chose to run in one big group across the centre of the board.


Soon a huge melee started. The Tough trait of the Barbarians and his chieftain killing machine made the difference and my Orcs fell like flies. Luckily I could kill the messenger and won the game.



My shooters and the magician. They didn't do anything during the whole game.



My son lost the battle but had a lot of fun slaying Orcs. His chieftain killed five of them single handle. When the game ended he said he felt like painting some dwarfs for future games!

5 comments:

  1. It is! This ruleset for skirmishes is the best I ever played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the report!
    We're glad you enjoyed playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking game and figures, Javier. Lots of close up action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean! The best of all is playing with my son :)

      Delete