12/17/2023

First Mercs

These four are the first mercs I paint and they are supposed to be the first to start a campaign in Africa as well. My idea is to start playing like in the computer game Jagged Alliance 3. That is, with low status and basic weapons and equipment. They are armed with a pistol, a SMG, a shotgun and a rifle.

Also, this time I only gave them basic colour and brown wash, and only highlighted skin and hats, so I could paint them very quick and almost with same results as full highlighting. I am pleased how they turned out overall and I think I am going to explore a little more this way of painting.




2 comments:

  1. Well, if this is the result after the few simple steps you list, it is a very effective quick paint, which is worth experimenting with further. What does the mercenary on the left have on his head? A yellow cap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a kind of sweatband. I painted yellow as in a documentary of the last soldiers of fortune in Congo (very hard to watch BTW). One of the mercenaries wore a yellow one, but it's true you can tell what he's wearing from the picture.

    ReplyDelete