9/03/2021

COVID and painting

I've been quiet lately because I got COVID and then passed it to my children and so we have passed the last two weeks with a strong flu, but luckily nothing worse happened and I'm grateful for that because I'm immunodeficient.

Now that I'm regaining strength I started painting again and here are my latest work, four Romans that I needed to paint to complete a unit of 20 for WAB. I also wanted them to be used as one point of guards for SAGA, and I swapped their heads for Goth cavalry ones to try to simulate Wolftail warriors.


Goth cavalry LBM decals

Here is a picture of my little Late Roman/ Romano British army. Not finished yet as I have an unpainted box of Goth cavalry and a ballista to paint.


13 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that, but glad you and the family are recovering. Some nice Romans there, the head swaps work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are completely recovered now, thank you Alan :)
      Yes, the heads are from the same brand and I think the same sculptor, so they fit well. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. I hope you and your family recover well.

    Love the romans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are all perfectly well, thank you very much for kind words :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you and your children recovered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was quite worrying but we are all safe now, thank you very much :)

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you are all recovering. Great job the Romans they turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking figures, Javier - and they'll be great in either of those rulesets (I prefer WAB, though :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your blog is not called WAB corner for nothing ;-)

      Delete
  6. Oh hell... glad that you recovered without bigger issues. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me alegra que estéis todos bien, ¡ánimo!

    Y me encanta ver que la gente con talento se pone con proyectos que yo querría hacer, porque me exorciza las ganas :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muchas gracias Enda. Lo de tener un blog va de eso en mi opinión, es algo que te ayuda a seguir haciendo cosas nuevas y también a terminar proyectos; tanto tu blog propio blog como el de los demás donde ves cosas que te motivan.
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete