I am still waiting for my rulebook but as many already I could not resist to build up a band for Frostgrave. Right now I am just using already painted models I have around; but once I play a few games I am going to paint some more figures specifically for Frostgrave, like a thief, an archer and some monsters like skeletons and demons.
From left to right, there are a still unpainted thief from Bronze Age Miniatures, three thugs, three soldiers or barbarians from Granadier, the wizard, his apprentice (a heroclix painted years ago), a Viking archer from Foundry, a "dog" and a knight.
I painted these two years ago for a Mordheim campaign of Burning Town which I never got to play, but now they will be perfect for Frostgrave.
Game Design #117: Pre- and post- dice math
2 hours ago
Once you get the book, please let us know if it can be played solo.
ReplyDeleteI'll do but AFAIK it would be like playing solo to Mordheim, so I don't think that would be possible.
DeleteYou got a nice warband there. But expensive if you don't drop some guys to thugs tier.
ReplyDeleteCool miniatues indeed.
I just picked some minis for the photo; I don't even know the cost of each trooper. My idea is having a pool of miniatures whre to choose from depending on the occasion. I want to have all possible types of troops.
DeleteGreat painting and nice to see some figures re-purposed
ReplyDeleteThank you Steve. Yes, re-purposing is one of the pleasures of this hobbby :)
DeleteThat chaos sorcerer from GameZone miniatures looks ace. They make some tasty minis don't they.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Yes. Sometimes are difficult to fit thier parts (cavalry mostly) but they're great. I was thinking of a necromancer with this guy but in the end he will be a summoner.
Delete