4/20/2019

Troll hunt

My son asked me for another game and this time we played the scenario Troll hunt, using the same warbands as before.
I quit its invulnerability trait and gave it Berserk instead, but the troll was still a very tough nut to crack. As much as I tried I never could kill it.

The terrain was open woods 1 and thick thorny bushes 2.



My son was a bit shy in his advance towards the troll as he was scared of it, and that allowed me to get it first. I surrounded to gain maximum majority advantage, and sent forward a few Orcs to delay my son's barbarians.

 The barbarians getting through to the troll.

As in the previous game, the barbarians massacred all the Orcs and in the end the troll as well, granting a victory to my son.

This game was less fun than Breakthrough because we all went for the troll and concentrated in a big melee in the middle of the board. But my son still wants to paint some dwarves and play a full campaign in July. 
I have to try different warbands but first I also need to paint them.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun! Good to hear it has your son interested as well. I need to keep working on my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already played a few different games with my son and this is the first time he said to me he had good fun, even more than Zombicide or Gaslands. I think that wargaming with your children have the best of two worlds.
      Thanks for your comment Alan.
      Cheers,

      Delete
  2. This is so great, I can't wait to make my son play one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret it! HOw old is your son?

      Delete
    2. Nearly three, we've got still a lot time. But last time I saw him looking at the stuff on the painting table... it starts! :D

      Delete
    3. A young Padawan! Being so young I think you need to simpler games. You may have a look at this in my blog: http://javieratwar.blogspot.com/2015/04/company-command-second-game.html
      Nordic Weasel games and THW games are easy and fun to play with your kids.
      Cheers

      Delete