It's that time of the year again and I always like to participate to support this great initiative of a painting competition in the grand scale, though I never win due to my poor painting skills as well as the high level in the competition. I am doing it for the fun of it; the more the merrier! This time I will participate with the yet to finish project of the Eastern Front. Good luck to all the participants!
I managed to squeeze some time to paint two more Goblins before end of year. I painted one in a more traditional green with Vallejo olive green, and the other one with light brown, and I have to say I really like how turned out this one. I think it will use it for most of my Goblins.
My son wants to play with them so we will probably have a little skirmish with them tomorrow morning :) BTW, Happy New Year 2015 to you all fellow wargamers!!!
I felt like painting some Orcs and Goblins I have but did not want to paint their skins with the classic green tone from GW so I decided to make some testing and grabbed some Vallejo colours I had from the WWII range.
These little critters ooze old school and were a joy to paint them. Regretfully, my sight is not what is used to be and I barely could paint their eyes and teeth.
This one was painted with Russian uniform.
This one with SS Orange Camo.
And this one with Japanese uniform.
Actually, I liked the three skin tones very much and I will be using them all for the next Goblins
Carrier Command is the new supplement I wrote with John Cunningham to play with Fighter Command, and where you can be in command of a Capship instead of a space fighter.
There are also new types of weapons and ships as well as electronic warfare, much detailed rules for capships and two campaigns; one narrative with fifteen encounters, and another generic that can be played over and over and which includes eight generic encounters. You can buy it in Two Hour Wargames and I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.
From the THW site:
5150: Carrier Command
The "Big Ship" supplement for 5150: Fighter Command
What: Sci Fi Space Combat Game with "Big Ships".
Scale: 1 model equals 1 Capital Ship or Fighter/Bomber.
Your Role: Players command a Capital Ship.
Playability: Designed for solo, same side and head to head play.
5150: Carrier Command can be played in a variety of ways:
• You can play as the Commander of a Star Carrier with flights of Fighters/Bombers.
• You can play as the Commander of one Capital Ship chosen from over a dozen types and a variety of Races.
• You can play one-off battles.
• You can play the full campaign with up to fifteen scenarios.
The bottom line is you can play it any way you like, with any models or counters you like.
Inside you’ll find:
• Detailed yet simple rules for CapShip combat with stats and counters for a variety of Races and types.
• Fifteen scenarios linked together in order to tell your story as the Commander of the Star Carrier Daedalus.
• Fully compatible with 5150: Fighter Command, our Fighter based space combat game.
• A minimal bookkeeping Campaign System that gives meaning to every game
as the results of one will affect the outcome of the next.
5150: Carrier Command - the next chapter in our Space Combat Story.