1/04/2021

Three Trolls

I bought and painted two of the Trolls about twenty years ago and I always thought that I needed the third one to finish the unit. So last year I bought the one in the middle and now I have painted it.

I tried to paint it like the other two but I didn't remember what paints I used back in the day. So I used similar colours and same technique (heavy dry brush) plus gloss varnish on top to simulate dampness.

The Troll came with a thick coat of paint and when I removed it I saw that it has got some sort of rusty and grainy cover which had eaten some details. So in the end it hasn't been a good paint job, but I'm happy as I finally have the unit completed after so many years!



8 comments:

  1. I do love these nice old models. More character than recent stuff imho. You've done them great credit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. New plastic sculpts from GW are awful and look like toys for kids.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are super - love the old sculpts the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, old sculpts are the best hands down. I'm pretty excited with the news of a new release Warhammer game called Old World.
      Cheers!

      Delete
  4. Great take on some true classics! I always wanted to have them, but never bought them for some unknown reason...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely there were other shinies distracting you! ;-)
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  6. GW has produced some nice trolls and ogres over the years (the proper metal years). Lovely job on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have really nice monsters from 80's and 90's. Cheers Alan :)

      Delete